The price of school uniforms can be eye-watering, and extra money worry is the last thing anyone needs right now. UNISON’s charity There for You is pleased to be able to offer grants to help members with the cost of buying school uniforms.
Check if you’re eligible for a one-off payment of £50 per child, up to a total of £150. This is a limited fund so please apply quickly. If you’ve already purchased uniform ready for the new school year you’re still encouraged to apply.
To be eligible, you must meet the following:
- You are a member and have paid 4 weeks subscriptions before 3 August;
- You are financially responsible for the child/children and receiving Child Benefit for them;
- You have total combined (yourself and your partner if applicable) savings/rolling bank balance(s) of less than £1,000, and;
- Either you receive Housing Benefit or Universal Credit
- Or you have an annual net salary of less than £18,000 (combined salary with partner must be less than £18,000 p.a. if applicable).